I originally said I wanted to start blogging so that I could record life with the little ones...so that I can remember...well...here's to laughing about today... at some point...
Chloe, sweet Chloe, is going through a new phase. This phase is one where she is attempting to redefine her boundaries. The boundaries of 'who is in charge around here?' While the answer is usually an easy one for most of us to answer (on our best days) the answer seems to really frustrate our Chlo-bug.
Some things she has said to me today:
"I WILL NOT wear that outfit today!"
(fyi: not an issue until SHE makes it an issue with sassy talk like that)
After a looonnng ordeal about the outfit, she comes downstairs (finally) wearing the 'not pink and pretty' outfit with obvious disgust on her face and says,
"I am wearing this because you are making me! But I DO NOT LIKE IT!"
(in my defense...the outfit DID have pink...and it was SUPER cute...just sayin)
"You need to let me do whatever I want!"
"How come I don't get to make all the decisions?!?!?"
(To which I replied, "Because that would be too much responsibility for a four year old."
Now before you get the wrong idea...while days like today are exhausting...I know where this girl is coming from. I do this...close to daily...with the Lord. Forgive me. Thank you for Your patience. Help me put childish things behind me...and Chloe.
On to Eli...well it must be in the air...because today...he started growling...precious Eli...GROWLING! Not just when we read Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear...no, he started growling when he was frustrated. Hmmm...
He also says some pretty cute things:
Pass = Pacie
Wadder = Water
PeeduBuddu = Peanut butter (said very quickly tongue coming out on the 'd's)
Mulk = Milk and any other drink (with sign language for effect)
Noodows = Noodles
Bye Bye = I want to leave now...I want to go with that person that is leaving now...if you are putting your shoes on, SO AM I!!
Pish = Fish (cutest thing is when he says, 'helloooo pish...wadder, wadder" which means "Hello, fish. You are in the water"
Bat = Bath
Bush = Brush (hair or toothbrush...loves to walk around the house with his electric Spiderman bush.)
Loving both our kids today...even if we all are a bit cranky...we will just cut eachother a little slack...it has been quite a month after all.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it!! :) Those Eli words are so cute!!
ReplyDelete