Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ida have a smoothie if I were you...

What did you do during Hurricane Ida? (or was it Tropical Storm Ida??)

We decided to start a smoothie business...on our front porch...with near freezing temperatures outside...

It all started with breakfast.
Chloe decided to make a new 'very special' smoothie recipe. We enjoyed it as a family...and Kevin made the comment that we should try to sell them...Chloe thought this was a FABULOUS idea and her little entrepreneur brain started spinning...
WE NEED A SIGN!
AND CUPS!
AND A TABLE!
AND A TABLECLOTH!
AND A TOWEL! (in case our customers spill)
AND MUSIC!
AND THEY WILL BE FREE!!! (oh, so we are a 'not for profit')

I had to text Kevin for the recipe...he is our very own Smoothie King...this was his text in response:


"Write this on a card because it is exact:

Honey Nut Cheerios-until Chloe says stop
ummm...bananas which we're out of - you could use half a can of pina
aaaa...5-9 strawberries
several spoons of yogurt
4 good glugs of milk"

Let me just say, that the Cheerios in my mixture were OVERPOWERING!!!!

But Chloe thought it tasted awesome and was not concerned in the least.

So we made our sign: LONGVIEW DRIVE-THROUGH
and gathered everything.

This is Chloe standing at our front door holding her sign for all passer-by to see...
fully expecting customers.
And I quote, "Maybe the fireman will stop by...you never know!"

Yes...you are seeing EVERY plastic cup that we own

Patiently waiting.
(This is when I started texting and calling my friends to have them stop by.)



Do you see the wet porch...it was SO WET and SO COLD.
We took a short lunch break of hot tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Immediately after finishing lunch,
"Mommy, we need to get back to work!!"



At last, customers arrive!!!
(Thank you Moores and Scott!!! You saved the day!!)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, This is awesome!! I love Chloe's attitude! I need to take some life lessons from her sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for good friends! I was pondering how this would turn out as I read..."will her little heart get broken because no one comes?...how will Sarah walk her through this?..." Hooray for friends!! We miss you guys! Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jill...ME TOO!

    Julie...I was wondering the same thing...I was secretly STRESSED OUT! "How are we going to get through this...should I just stop it before it starts?!?" Prayed a lot! So thankful for friends too!!

    ReplyDelete