Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thanks for Having a Birthday

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for having a birthday so we can celebrate. We are not just excited, we are SUPER EXCITED!!!"

Love,
Chloe (age 5)

__________________________________________________________________

I love Christmas time. I love Christmas music. I use a small amount of self restraint and wait until Thanksgiving to listen to it almost all day. This year, Chloe is starting to listen to the words of the songs more and asking lots of questions. Brings a whole new depth to the songs for me this year. Explaining their Truths (okay...not to Rudolph or Frosty but the REAL Christmas songs) has brought tears to my eyes more than once this season. And I am grateful for that. Thankful for a 5 year old that wants to understand how this God became Man thing works and why it works and what a HUGE act of love it was and is. Wanting a deeper understanding of it myself too.

So, thank you, Jesus, for having a birthday so that we could be re-born. You are love and I love that. Make me more like you.

Happy Birthday.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment