Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Word

So, I think I have finally come up with my word for the year...

It has taken me a while...I'm kinda goofy about stuff like this. My perfectionism comes out like a lion when I try to think of ONE THING to call something.

For example, I have this thing about names. I. Love. Them. I love thinking about them for other people's children, pets, businesses, houses...but when it comes to naming MY children, MY pets, MY year...I am a mess of confusion...how can I possibly narrow it down to something I will be happy with FOREVER!!! (I know...the DRAMA!)

But, I think I have it.

May 2010 be the year of TRANSFORMATION.

I have some things I am working on...working through.

Personally, I need some transformation mentally, spiritually, physically...

And to be quite honest, I am not feeling up to the challenge. But I NEED this.

Thankfully, I serve the ONE Who IS up for the challenge and He is in the transforming business.

So this year, may I lean more on Him than I ever have and may we (Him and I) work together to find TRANSFORMATION.

My verse:

"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders. and he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
I want to allow Him to be ALL these things in my life this year...ALL YEAR.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Great word! I love the idea of coming up for a word for the year too, but I was overwhelmed at the thought of me doing that! :) Love your verse, too!

    ReplyDelete