Kindergarten. Chloe is starting kindergarten.
There. I said it. My throat gets tight, my nose starts to tingle and my eyes start to burn at the word.
Kindergarten.
So many said this was going to go fast...and they sorta lied...
Because honestly, up until this particular milestone...most days kinda felt like they crept at a slow crawl...but now it all seems like a flash and next year she will graduate high school...
I'm a bit of a mess. And ultimately, as a friend helped articulate, I'm afraid. I am afraid of the unknown. Afraid of her losing innocence. Afraid of mean kids. Afraid of not being in control of her days. Afraid of others influencing her choices throughout the day. Afraid of public school. Afraid that we are making a terrible mistake. Afraid that I am letting her down by not homeschooling her.
But this is the decision we feel we have been lead to make. And I must Trust. Trust the One that IS known. That is her Protector. Who IS in control. Trusting that our influence will be stronger than the influence of others. Trust the One Who will never let her down.
And I do. Most moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have no fear, my friend. You are right, He IS in control and will do what He has promised. It's gonna be fine, it's gonna be fine, it's gonna be fine. I can't wait to see how much she grows this year--and you with her!:) Love you!
ReplyDelete