Fourteen years ago, Kevin and I were married.
I remember in the planning (all 14 weeks of it) it dawned on us that the Lord might like to be invited, like formally, invited. So we made a point to invite Him, welcome Him, to not only our wedding, but our marriage.
A friend of ours was sitting in the sanctuary hours before the ceremony, praying for our day...I remember him telling us that angels were there...preparing for the ceremony. It brought tears to my eyes then and still does.
I think the Lord likes to be invited to stuff.
I was reminded of this story last week as we attended the opening service of Gwinnett Church and sang this song. It touched me deeply that they made a point to invite the Lord to their church. It seems like the obvious thing to do, does it not? But I have a hunch, that He may not always be at the top of the invite list...not purposely omitted...just not purposely included. May He always be the One we invite first.
Invite Him into your home. Your relationships. Your crappy circumstances. Your messes. Invite Him into the middle of it all.
We welcome You with praise...be welcomed in this place.
Here for You by Chris Tomlin
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love this Sarah.... Thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteI needed this so much. Thank you Sarah
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to a very special couple we love so much! This is a wonderful reminder to all of us. We love you!
ReplyDeleteI love this - the whole concept - and that it's your anniversary (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT!!!)
ReplyDeleteWe thought the same thing at our wedding - that's why we had Kim sing a "Call to Worship" before anything else happened. "Holy Spirit Come" - because we wanted to be sure He was there!