Monday, November 7, 2011

"Don't You Just Love This Day?"

The sweetest things continue to flow from Eli's mouth these days.
He will crawl into bed with us in the morning, "I love you, Mommy."  "I think you are so special."
After eating break-n-bake cookies: "Thank you so much for these cookies, Mama. I really enjoyed them."

Today has been no different.
We got some flowers yesterday to replace our impatiens that would seriously hold on until Christmas if we would let them.  (They just don't look very Fall-ie, you know?)

Well, Mums were on clearance and pansies were affordable...and since our house is on the market, I thought we should Fall-ify the house. (what? you didn't know our house is on the market...SURPRISE!)

Back to Eli.

After another episode of Umi Zumi we headed outside to plant the flowers.
He was giddy about the gloves that were just his size and could not wait to help.

Throughout the entire process, he is asking questions about soil, roots, stems...
"what are those white ball things in the soil for?" 

In the middle of all the questions he would interject his sweetness:

"I LOVE doing this!"
"This is so great!"
"We should do this every day, all day!"
"Don't you just love this day?"

Oh. My. Heart.

Yes, Eli.  Yes.  I love this day because you are a part of it.  And I just love YOU.

 Sweet Boy in action.
 Boppi and GrandBob, we have a gardener on our hands!!
He will be a happy helper this summer if you have any need of it!
 We did get some water on the flowers too.
Is it just me, or do you see a phantom Great Blue Heron head in the mist there??

No comments:

Post a Comment