Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Naked Tree

I mentioned our Christmas tree shopping experience and how all our decorations are way. way. way back in storage.  Was that a week ago? 
I think it was.

Well, our tree is still naked.

Other than a few ornaments the kids made at a friend's house (thanks, Jill!) it is completely naked.

I have been to multiple stores (over two days in the gross rain) in search of regular white twinkle lights. 
Each one is sold out of them.
SOLD. OUT.

All that is available are the LED white lights.  Which, in my opinion, are not white at all.  They are this futuristic color of whitish-blue.  Which is fine if you want your tree to look like a computer screen or like the bottom of one of those thumpin' kind of cars.  But that is not quite the look we are going for.
(If you are...good for you...seems there is an unending supply of lights that will accomplish your purposes.)

Call me old fashioned, but I am digging my heels in on the need for regular white twinkle lights.  LEDs may be all the future of Christmas lights...they may save energy and last 2 lifetimes...but, I want nothing to do with them.

And since we ALL know that lights must go on the tree FIRST...
our tree is naked. 
Indefinitely naked.  Until I can find some plain old white lights.


And don't be jealous of my 'tree skirt' and garbage bag liner...
sigh
this poor. poor. tree.
It could have gone home with a perfectly prepared family.
Instead it got us.
We do affirm it daily for it's lovely smell though...does that count for something?

1 comment:

  1. I got your back. My mom has a surplus of regular white lights.

    ReplyDelete