Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of PreK - Take 2

E started PreK last week.
Well...technically he started PreK in April.  In order to get him into a program he needs, we needed to enroll him into their school.  So he finished PreK precisely 4 weeks after starting it...and ABCs and 123 were but a review...

So he started FOR REAL last week.  It's a wonder how different it felt this time around.  I cried a little in April...but not so much in August.  He had some trouble on his second first day...walking to the same corner he walked to in April as his boycott of going to school...but eventually was peeled from my arms and sat at his table to begin morning work.  I kissed both of his hands and told him to hold onto them for when he missed me...his fists were still tight as I walked out the door.

He is big.  He is ready. I miss him.

Upon pick up, he announced that he has a new friend.  His name is Body. (pronounced like Cody)
He likes sharks too. Thank you, Jesus.

(Will hopefully add pictures of him and his shark backpack (which totally rocks, btw) once I get my computer situation worked out...currently having some issues...but soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Eli! (and yay Sarah for a new blog.. I have missed your blogs ;)

    Love the "holding on to your kisses" idea - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete