Sunday, April 21, 2013

Antigua


I am sitting in Antigua, Guatemala, in a beautiful hotel overlooking this beautiful city.  It feels surreal...like I'm in a movie. I hear roosters and Spanish speakers...cars and fireworks (so. many. fireworks. and at the weirdest times of day.)

Kevin and Chloe are out on the town. Meeting up with some AIM folks and taking in the markets. Eli sleeps beside me...recovering from a rough tummy bug that visited all day yesterday and last night.  He is a trooper...and drinking Pedialite like it's his job.  He will recover.

There have been seasons of my life where I would sit here in the hotel all embittered that I am removed from the action...but today...with our weeks experiences behind us...there is no room for bitterness and immaturity like that.

I am grateful. I am blessed.

The Lord allowed us to come to Guatemala. As a family.
My 8 year old and 5 year old have encountered God in a way this week that few ever have the chance to do.
My eyes swell with tears when I think of how PROUD I have been of them.

The way Chloe just jumped right in...Making friends. Playing. Hearing from God all on her own. Loving. My heart is bursting.

And Eli...running and jumping. Bonking himself on the head with his water bottle to make the other kids laugh. Hands down, the coolest 5 year old. EVER.

They both have walked with such grace this week.  The schedule and pace have been insane, and they have embraced it all.  I have seen missions through their eyes as we have ministered as a family and I am filled with gratitude.

I don't have an official photo count...but it is safe to say that we have easily exceeded the 5,000 mark. So. Many. Pictures.

We will weed through them and select some of our faves to share with you...
But, not one of them will truly capture the beauty that this week has been.

Thank you for your prayers...we have felt them and they have undoubtedly been answered.
Gloria Dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment