Monday, March 2, 2009

Kevin in Kentucky - Me Home Alone(ish)

So, we pulled into our driveway at 10:30 pm on Sunday night from our week of rest in Edisto and began almost immediately repacking Kevin to leave at 4 am the following morning for a week in Kentucky doing disaster relief from the icestorm ther last month. (Just the length of that sentence communicates what a whirlwind it was!) In typical Kevin form, he pulled an all-nighter...I went to bed around 3 am I think...but we actually had a lot of fun together, lots of slap happy laughing!

Kevin had a great week with the staff from church and another partnering church clearing the debris from the ice storm. He said that there was not one tree left without fallen limbs. At one point, there were at least 1 million people without power and the fallen limbs did extensive damage to homes and businesses. It was hard work, but all the participants said they felt more blessed to serve than they could have possibly been a blessing.

I kept encouraging Kevin to take it easy...and he tells me that he did. I chose to believe him. :)
(We all know how hard that man can work!)

While Kevin was away, I was home with the kids. This was my first solo week...ever. In all of Kevin's travels, I always escape to my parents' house so that they can spend time with the kids...and HELP!!! :) I praise the Lord for what He provided within me to not just survive, but actually enjoy our time together. He truly is and was enough for me.

I am thinking...maybe I should plan some kind of trip for me and some ladies and give Kevin the opportunity to try it solo...hmmmm....just an idea... :)

1 comment:

  1. I would be willing to sacrifice a few days or a few weeks in order to take you away and allow Kevin the opportunity to try it solo! Yes, I'm that kind of sacrificial, friend! :) Love you--glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete