Just a little morning routine I want to remember...
"Clink, thump. Clink, thump..."
The sound of Eli crawling upstairs with monster truck or choo-choo Thomas in one hand, blankie in the other.
He continues to be an early riser...the first couple weeks following Daylight Savings Fall Back have been rough..."Hello, son, it is 5 o'clock in the morning...why are you crawling into our bed??"
But, for the past several mornings the wake up crawl has been creeping toward tolerable...between 6:15 and 7:15 am... not too shabby.
That in itself is celebratable (yes, I just made up that word) but the part that has been super precious is his cuddles. I am loving that he is laying STILL with me in the morning (for awhile at least.)
Lots of snuggles.
Lots of driving monster trucks or choo-choo Thomas on my face, arms, and legs.
And then finally, the pulling off of my covers, reaching for my glasses on the bedside table and "Mama, I hungy."
I roll out of bed, grab his blanket, swing it over my left shoulder and hoist E up into my arms.
He then rests his head on his blanket and we whisper to each other as we walk downstairs...trying not to wake up Sissy.
It is becoming our morning routine and I am kinda liking it...while I do still have to remind myself to savour it for the first few minutes of waking up...
it is such precious time to spend with my little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! So sweet! You're so right, you will miss this time some day--a few years from now when he's not doing it anymore. He'll love remembering the time with you too! You're such a good Mama, Sar! Love you!
ReplyDeletethis post is so sweet - i really look forward to those days with my little boy!
ReplyDelete