Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crafty Person Imposter

I feel a little ridiculous for posting this for a couple reasons:

1. It may make me appear to be crafty.
(which at one stage of my life, I hoped to be. However in my REAL life I have rarely attained success in this area.)

2. This 'craft' is so easy it really does not need a step-by-step, picture tutorial on how to do it.
None-the-less, I have put together a step-by-step, picture tutorial.

I should mention that this step-by-stepping is a wee bit stressful. Especially when, said non-crafty person, does a couple of the steps without photologically (like that?) documenting those steps.

Heavy sigh.

Alas...

Here we go:

The supplies minus the pen, double-sided tape and blue sparkly paper.
Note: when your child picks out sparkly paper that does not coordinate to your personal liking,
remind yourself that these are HER Valentines.

Stick your thumb gently on the ink pad.
Note: When your daughter presses-with-all-of-her-might into the ink pad...
remind yourself to be patient. These are HER Valentines.
First thumbprint, slightly angled.
Insert photo of second thumb print here.


Flip flop this picture with the next picture.
Then:
Measure your accent paper to be just bigger than the first card,
but smaller than the largest card.
Note: When you make the accent paper smaller than you meant to...
don't get frustrated with yourself. These are HER Valentines.

Write something witty on the Valentine.
We went with
"I give you 2 THUMBS UP!"
Note: After writing 'THUMBS' a gazillion times, rest assured that you did, in fact, spell 'THUMBS' correctly.
(I spell checked it.)
It only looks weirder the more times you write it.

With double sided tape, layer your cardstock.
Note: When your daughter tapes things a little off center and a little bit crooked...leave it alone.
say it with me...
They are HER Valentines.

We (Chloe) had the fantabulous idea of using PINK for girls and BLUE for boys.
We don't mind stereotypes in our house.

Pretty cute, huh??
If I could do this, so can you...
Just remember...
They are HER Valentines!!!

3 comments: