Sooo...
How much attention do you pay to your tailbone?? Me either...until last night.
A few friends and I decided to go roller skating last night...without our kids.
(Pretty sure we were the only people there that were not accompanied by someone below the age of 10.)
Let me give you the stats:
M. is a closet Olympic Roller Skater. She can do fancy turns. Cross her feet on the curves. She can even skate backwards.
L. admitted to having not skated since she was in middle school. But resurrected her two skate jump. (with a 1 inch vertical. Impressive.)
Me...well...let's just say I can do the 'windmill'. Which is more of a balancing act than an actual skill.
After about 10 minutes of 'finding our skates' we started to get brave. M. (the show off) can move freely from skating forward or backward at will...L. and me asked for a tutorial... Miss Confidence says, "You just go like this..." SPLAT! She was the forerunner for wipe outs.
L.'s came next...she says she was "break dancing"...but the bruised wrist tells us differently.
My crash came only after 15 minutes of skating in the 'safe zone' in the middle of the rink...practicing our skills. I had almost mastered skating backwards (very slowly...and without sticking out my tongue or making a severe concentration face...so much to think about!!!) So, I call attention to myself with "Hey, look! I'm doing it!!! I look totally relaxed....I can do this!!" Then BIFF!!! right back onto my bum...smack dab on the ol' tailbone!!
So. much. pain. Shake it off! Shake it off!!
Somehow we all manage another 30 laps and Christian skate night comes to a close.
Lots of,
"Oh my aching back."
"Ouch, my wrist really hurts"
"Oh, my tailbone!"
We waddle to the skate return. Retrieve our shoes. And head home to watch Whip It. (Movie about a girl who joins a roller derby team)
A. meets us at my place fully adorned in her Roller Derby gear...absolutely HILARIOUS!!
Laughed. So. Hard.
Today, I have been shuffling around like an old lady...groaning each time I have to bend over or pick someone up. But, SO WORTH IT!
Fun, fun memories. We still got it girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YOU ARE SO MUCH FUN!!! LOVE YOU! (and L ;)
ReplyDeleteI was going to ask why you didn't take your camera on to the rink, but then I figured it might have gotten busted. Good thinking. ;)
ReplyDeleteFun idea!
It would have gotten TOTALLY busted. No doubt about it.
ReplyDeleteYOU. CRACK. ME. UP!!!! I seriously want in on the next roller skating night! Sam won't take me!
ReplyDelete