I have to tell you that the Tooth Fairy (or Fairy Tooth Princess as Kevin kept calling her...) was a bit unprepared...she thought she had at least a week once the tooth started to wiggle. Not so, Betty Jo.
So...tooth lost, letter written:
Front of card:
I (heart) U Tooth Fairy
Inside:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
Can I keep my tooth?
(I want to start a tooth collection.)
Love, Chloe
We were shocked and super pleased to find out that Tooth Fairies respond to letters!!
Ours writes backwards...you have to hold her response in front of a mirror in order to read it. (SO. COOL!)
Her response:
(with a $1 gold coin...inflation...geez!)
,EOLHC RAED
!HTOOT RUOY PEEK NAC UOY ESRUOC FO
(!TSEB EHT ERA SNIOTCELLOC HTOOT)
,EVOL
YRIAF HTOOT RUOY
(I don't think that translated super well via typing...but you get the idea.)
The card was sprinkled with glitter...which I think may have been scraped off of some glitter stickers...we may never know...
Chloe was through-the-roof excited...
"Mommy!!! Tooth Fairies are REAL!"
"I can't wait to tell my friends!"
"You mean we have our OWN Tooth Fairy?!?!?"
"So?? My Tooth Fairy carries a pen!?!"
So. cute. So. excited!
How many more times is she going to visit?? Can she keep up the hype?
P.S. Spell checker is none-too-happy with Tooth Fairy's letter...just sayin'.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HA! I LOVE IT! You guys are great.... always so creative!
ReplyDeleteYou know, last year for Halloween Rusty was a dentist and I was the Tooth Fairy. A few random parents at Trunk of Treats snapped my picture to "show their kids when they get older". Note - their kids were toddlers. Pretty sure my photo will be "proof" that the tooth fairy exists in a few years for some Michigan kids I don't know. Totally bizarre! HAHA!
I love the tooth collection :) My mom collected mine and Amber's lost teeth and still has them...in her jewelry box. Made for some awkward moments when I was "borrowing" her jewelry as a teenager...
ReplyDeleteInflation?! I have a few random teeth at my house, since the 80"s! ...just sayin.? Those tooth fairies are pretty sentimental...and they use those "Pens" to jot down precious moments, I'm sure!:)
ReplyDelete