Friday, October 1, 2010

I thought it would be fun...

...but it wasn't.

These were Chloe's words, through tears, after she lost her first tooth.

For two days prior she was tooth obsessed. OBSESSED!

Wiggle. wiggle. wiggle. whine. whine. whine.

Finally on Friday night dinner was too painful. I even cut her pizza up in little pieces like I remember my parents doing for me...which made me think...how many times in our lives do we require our food to be cut up in small pieces...babies...tooth losers...I digress.

It wasn't enough.

The tooth was so loose that it made my stomach sick to see her push it with her tongue. I tried to muster up the strong Mommy who can pull wobbly bloody teeth...but the heebie-jeebies won out.

Thankfully a friend was here...who happens to have 6 children...and therefore is well-versed in the art of tooth pulling...she did it for me. (Thanks, Song!!)

I was relieved. Chloe was shocked.

Lots of tears and fears of what her friends at school were going to say. Were they going to make fun? Comfort. comfort. comfort.

We distracted her with thoughts of the Tooth Fairy.

Letter written. Still present teeth brushed. Off to bed.

I will write about our Rockin' Tooth Fairy tomorrow. She knocked it out of the park as far as Chloe is concerned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, would Calvin ever be envious of this!! He can hardly wait. Can't wait to hear about the Fairy!

    ReplyDelete