Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sick Littles

C and E both got the crud...

What was meant to be a fun weekend for them with Granna and Zeke turned into a fever and puking fest...bum. er.

Kevin and I used their weekend away as a time to work on the house...no fun for us or them.

I headed down to G and Z's on Sunday night to find my sweets floppy and dazed on the couch...thank you, Lord, for sweet grandparents and 24/7 Nick Jr.

Fever persisted for C until mid-day on Monday and came back late evening...

E is still suffering. He keeps telling me which body part is hurting..."Mama, my chin hurts...Mama, my armpit hurts...my leg, hand, head, tummy, elbow"....it ALL hurts. Poor. Him.

Today Chloe is feeling mucho better...her NON-STOP talking is indisputable evidence.
Eli has even noticed her chattiness...he asked her to "stop talking" on the way home this afternoon. (That hurt her feelings...which is unfortunate, but I did have a little chuckle in my head when he said it.)

Granna put these on Chloe's fingers in attempt to keep her quiet while E and I rested.

OH! DO WE FEEL BIG!!!

A few things she has concluded about these nails:

- They will help her stop a couple of her "bad habits."

- Picking her nose is nearly impossible...unless she uses her 'flexibility' to flare her nostrils...then her pinkie nail fits inside her nose. (trial and error in full effect I am sure.)

- Eating her 'treasures' = undesirable. The glue tastes bad.

- chewing her nails is impossible...so if she leaves them alone...when the fake ones fall off she will have long nails underneath. (Brilliant.)

Other things I learned on the 1.5 hour drive from my parent's house to ours:

"Air 'monicules' are what keep a tissue from falling quickly. If you leave the tissue unscrunched, it falls more slowly, because the air 'monicules' have more space on the tissue to slow it down. but when you scrunch the tissue up, it falls more quickly because there is less space on the tissue for the air 'monicules' to touch...and therefore slow it down. Gravity...no, wait....yes, gravity is what pulls the tissue down...and GRAVITY ALWAYS WINS!"

Whoa. Guess who was paying attention in Science class??

*it should be noted that as soon as I took the picture of her nails and Daddy was able to see them, she wanted them off. Very short lived benefits of said nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment