Friday, July 8, 2011

Lunch from a Truck...

While at the beach, I read a bunch of Sunset Magazines...and according to them, Food Trucks are all the rage. They are popping up in big cities from coast to coast. I'm not talking about gross sub-par cafeteria food...these things are supposedly making gourmet food...or at least really good eats.

Kevin was shocked at my interest and willingness to eat out of a truck. It is not something I would typically be excited about...I am one of those people that dislikes being seated near the kitchen of a restaurant...the smell of industrial cleaning products and wet food makes me lose my appetite quickly. (am I alone in this quirk??)

That, combined with the nickname 'roach coaches' (you know how I feel about those wretched creatures) you would think I would turn my nose at the chance...but I was intrigued and always willing to attempt to be trendy even if just for 15 minutes.

Rob said that there were several around where he works in downtown Seattle.

We were in.

So he found a listing of all the Food Trucks in Seattle, their serving days and general location to find them. (as in...on the side of the road somewhere between 'x' and 'z'.)

We decided on the Taco Truck...because why wouldn't we want to eat the best food on the planet out of a truck??



We stood in line with lots of other people...

these aren't other people...these are our people...

Jordan, Nichelle and McKenna (aren't they lovely??)



That's the Taco Truck there in the background...

it is literally just parked on the side of the road.



Apparently...these days...


If you park it. They will come.

And surely people don't line up for food poisoning, right???



It must be good.



and safe.

The menu was written on a chalk board that was attached to the side of the truck.

Once it is your turn, you give your order to Mr. Taco (I didn't actually get his name)

He shouts your order to the cooks in the truck,

he adds your order up in his head,

you pay him cash or he swipes your credit card with one of those fancy iPhone thingies.



Drinks are swimming in ice in a compartment inside the truck.

Take your pick.

In no time,

some one inside the truck shouts out your order

and you pick it up from a window.



Chicken tacos with onions and cilantro.



SUPER. YUM.

We walked to an outdoor eating area within Rob's work complex

and enjoyed our eats.



Food Truck attempt numero uno...



SUCCESS!

If I lived in Seattle, I think I would make it my personal goal

to eat lunch at every Food Truck in town at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment