This was one of those Saturdays that left me with a gnawing feeling that I was forgetting something...
But between Kevin and I we could not place what we were supposed to be doing...so we did what we wanted to do.
The kids bickering and jumping from couch to couch by 10 am clued me into their need for some outside play time.
We got out of our pajamas and headed to the park...bed-head and all.
I took my book (Mockingjay...finally got it from the library!) and a blanket. Found a few shady spots (as Chloe seemed strangely obsessed with me being in certain places with 'good views'....so I moved several times according to her wishes. #nowpleasegoplaysoicanreadinpeacechild)
C and E played in the creek...while I read. They rescued snails and made a habitat and found their secret hideout...climbed 'the tallest tree ever' (which in reality put them a full two feet off the ground)
There were a couple times that a breeze blew in and I had to pause to breathe in the moment.
As all summer days do here in grand ole' Georgia...the heat became unbearable and our tummies were rumbling so we headed home with sandy/muddy bottoms and filled up hearts.
Turned out to be a pret. ty. good Saturday...
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment