Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Frazzled Mama

I am going to vent a little bit here today...
We have had a couple of rough napping days for the E-man and I am frazzled.

How, Little Man, can you go from "Mommy, you're the shiniest." to "Mom - AAAA. I AMN'T going to sleep with out my Elmo slippers on!!!" in 10 seconds flat?

(okay, I should have let you wear the slippers...I am sorry.  I just knew in t-minus 2 minutes your feet would be sweating buckets with all your 'cushions' (covers) on. But I could have let you learn that lesson for yourself. My bad.)

Also, why is it so stinkin' important that the Nutella be ON TOP of the jelly...and who ever invented that combo for you...and why oh why is it not okay to just flip that little sandwich over...SEE??  See that?? Now the Nutella is just where it is supposed to be.  Magic.

And how do you decide which cars to sleep with on any given day?  And why do you all of a sudden become thirsty after we have said 'sleep tight' even though I offered you something to drink just a few minutes prior??

You are taking your persnickety-ness to a whole new level...and to be honest, your Mama is a bit forlorn in how far to let this thing go...

I get it.
You don't eat meat.  We will not kick that dead horse one more time.  I surrender.
You like your crusts cut off. Oh, fine.
You like your blanket straight down your side for sleeping. But also have specific 'holes' in said blanket that your fingers must stay in. Good enough.
You like your water from the fridge. Nice and cold. Got it.
You like your butter melted. Check.

But this Nutella thing?  It's kinda pushing me over the edge, honestly.

Maybe this is a stage.  Maybe you are needing a sense of control...
But the thing is...I am still in charge.  I know it is hard to be reminded...but it's the truth.
I love you.  I want you to know what you like and don't like.
Those are good qualities.  We just need to figure out how to function better when things are not just exactly the way you want them...or figure out a way to make it more the way you want it without a completely rude meltdown. Mkay?

We will work on this together.  Be forewarned...it probably won't be much fun.

For either of us.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!! It's going to be funny to go back and read this in the future! :) So sorry you are having to deal with this, but you WILL laugh one day!

    ReplyDelete