Hey. I am still here. I am sure all 16 (16!!! I have a new follower...HEY, DANIELLE!!!) of my followers were concerned...and waiting with baited breath... what does that mean anyway??
So Kevin is back safe and sound from Africa. Great trip. He came back healthy! Woohoo!
He is, however, EXTREMELY jet lagged! Poor guy. (I do feel a little sorry for him...but mostly I just keep reminding him that he got to go to AFRICA for 2 weeks...and then he smiles and goes back to sleep.) We have conversations of this sort pretty frequently around here...you know...like when he wants to reminisce (ahem, brag) about being in the Indian ocean like we were there together...and then I look at him with the 'no, Dear, YOU were in the Indian Ocean...I get Lake Lanier' look... Or when I comment on how cool his visa(S) are in his passport...and he replies..."It's just a sticker." Yeah, he gets some heat for that too. JUST A STICKER?!?!?!?!?
Oops. This post is sounding complain-ie...not my intention.
YAY!!! Kevin is HOME!!!
A few cool facts from his trip:
1. Over 900 Masai people committed their lives to Christ in the 2 weeks that his team was there!! ( I. Know. Seems hard to believe, huh?? Incredible.)
Okay, really, that is the only truly important fact...but here are a few memories for him...
- Seeing a 'Tree Zebra". Seriously saw a ZEBRA hanging in a tree! A leopard killed it and then carried it up into a tree to eat/hide? it. Leopards now on the list for most feared animal by Sarah.
- Sleeping on the ground in a tent hearing Hyenas most of the night. (funny how nylon doesn't feel like much of a barrier)
- He actually can live with only 1 pair of underwear and 1 outfit for a week if necessary. (his luggage did not get to him until half way through the trip.) Don't worry, I told him to throw those $30 REI 'pricey panties' away...so. gross.
- The bush in Kenya opened his eyes to a whole new meaning to the phrase, "poor cell phone signal." Picture him and his stinky self standing on top of a hill, right next to a tree, squatting, standing, whatever-ing in attempt to get a signal. (After walking one hour to get to the best cell signal location.) As a disclaimer...we had not anticipated ANY contact for the 2 weeks...this was a special blessing that there was any signal,anywhere!
I know that he has a ton more spiritual memories...those may be for a more serious post...and maybe after we have some more conversations that are uninterrupted by small children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment