So, I am taking the plunge...I have joined a Gratitude Community (see the box at the bottom of my page.)
I have been thinking I need to...to start counting my blessings...naming them one by one...well, because there are just so many...but my days get busy...my heart gets heavy...my thankful muscles weak...
So here we go...hoping to keep up with this...will you join me...the goal is 1,000 things to be thankful for...I have a hunch there will be many, many more...
Grateful.
001. Sunny Fall afternoons outside with my kids
002. Warm smelling candles
003. Giggles of a 5 and 2 year old.
004. Time spent with a dear friend.
005. Homemade applesauce.
006. Birds singing in my chimney.
007. A husband who calls to 'check in' throughout the day.
008. A Fall wreath hanging on my front door.
009. Pumpkins
010. Mums actually planted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good post, Sarah. Life does get so busy that we forget all the blessings we enjoy and take for granted.
ReplyDeleteJust an idea that has worked with my young kids: for the month of November, have a THANKFUL TREE. November 1st create a tree out of construction paper (or whatever). Make 30 leaves out of fall colored papers. Put them all on the tree. Over the course of each day of November, take one leaf off the tree and put it on the ground around the tree. That day, be especially thankful for that one thing. Thank God for that blessing and if you can, pass that blessing along to others. It's a way to make Thanksgiving a part of daily life... at least for the month of November.
Shannon <><
www.homesteadblogger.com/runnelsrhapsody
Thanks, Shannon! Great idea!
ReplyDelete