Chloe has had some health issues this week...
I felt convicted that I had called the doctor and got the medicine... (which is the right thing to do)
But had not actually prayed - out loud - with Chloe about it...
So in the wee hours of the morning...Chloe is uncomfortable and crying...
I try to sooth her and tell her I am so sorry...and I want her to feel better...
And the Lord reminded me to pray...
So I started praying...
"Jesus, please heal Chloe. You know she is not feeling well..."
Chloe interrupts:
"Mommy?? Why are you praying to Jesus and not to God?"
S: "Well...they are the same, God and Jesus..."
C: "But we are supposed to pray to the Father..."
I pause...the Scripture goes through my head...
"This then is how you should pray, Our Father..." (Matthew 6: 9-13)
"You're right, Chloe, we pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus...
Father, please heal Chloe..."
I was taken back a bit...
She was ACTUALLY LISTENING!
Where did she learn that???
How did she know that??
Regardless, I am glad she knows.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great lesson from Chloe...always need that reminder! Love her little soul!
ReplyDelete...Bless that tender and "special" heart of hers!
ReplyDeleteHope she's feeling better. xxoo
I've said it many times... (because it wasn't posting haha) but it's all worth saying again... It was wonderful to spend some time with you & Kevin. It's no surprise to me at all that Chloe "actually listening"... I think she hears more than you realize. I believe there are teachable things...but even more so, it's who you are that helps the littles become who they'll be. Sarah, y-o-u are an amazing mom, & Kevin a great (albeit goofy) dad. :P I have no doubt that C&E will continue to discover the love and meaning in having a relationship with Christ. You truly are wonderful parents!!!
ReplyDelete