Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Numbers In My Head...

Little Miss has been working on memorizing our phone number. It is the last 'pie piece' in her chart of things to know before kindergarten.

We have been chanting these 10 numbers for... daaayyys...

And for some reason, she would always forget the exact same number. I was at a loss of how to try it any other way...we had tried a different chant...pausing...looking at it...explaining how two numbers were hugging the one in the middle...

I left her whispering and chanting in her bed tonight after our bedtime routine.

An hour later, she calls me to the stairs.

"Mommy, I can't fall asleep. I have too many numbers in my head. Can I try to tell you my phone number again?"

Bless her heart.

She DID IT!!!

High fives all around!!! The girl knows her phone number!!

Hug. Hug. Hug. SO. PROUD!

Now, back to bed.

She turns around to head back upstairs...whispering and chanting.

5 minutes later back downstairs...still chanting.

She tells me her phone number a couple more (5) times, writes it down, (twice) and now back to bed.

Guess who else is chanting our phone number in their head?
770...

Way to go, Chloe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment