She visited us this time last year and she and Chloe were fast friends. So much so, that Little Miss wanted to bring her inside and make a home for her and yadda...yadda...yadda...basically, sure death for little Carly. When told that snails much prefer the out of doors and need to slither through puddles and slide down blades of grass...Chloe had a complete melt down. Several actually. Every time she remembered Carly she would cry and wail about how much she missed her.
Here we are a year later and feeling oh so blessed that she has slimed her way back onto our back porch!
But she didn't come alone...OH, NO!!! She brought a tiny little friend named, Lucy.
They are the cutest.
C loved how they tickled as they moved along the top of her hand and arm.
Apparently, if I want my nails done, Carly is the girl to call...she makes them 'shiny and pretty'.
More disappointment in having to leave the ladies outside, but Chloe was happy to think about them playing in the rain puddles and nibbling on whatever snails nibble on.
* UPDATE *
This afternoon...there was an all out APB in the backyard for Carly and Lucy...with out much to go on other than 'look in wet places' (it had been raining all day) we were a little unsure of where to look. I confess, I had stretched my 'looking for snails' muscles just a little too long, when Chloe finally found them. Under the porch with a new friend, Sandy.
By dinner time, I asked her to take the ladies back outside...which she did with out argument. (yay, C!) But at bedtime, she got a little teary about the possibility of them not being here tomorrow...so we said a prayer for them that they would be safe and HERE tomorrow...any added prayers would be appreciated. :)

Did you tell Chloe all about our snail races in CA? That is one of my favorite childhood memories. :)
ReplyDeleteJess, I thought about that, too, as I posted this!! I need to tell her that story! Fun memories!
ReplyDelete