There is this strange thing that happens to me every night around 10:30 pm...well...almost every night.
Almost every night at this time I get this overwhelming urge to straighten up the house.
If you know me and have spent any amount of time in my house, you know that I am pretty far from being a neat-nick...but still at about 10:30 I begin cleaning.
I have a few theories.
1. It is entirely supernatural. God makes me clean.
2. I am really ready for bed, but feel guilty that the dishes are still dirty...or that load of laundry has not been run...or...'seriously! how many times can I step OVER those trains before I actually pick them up and put them where they belong!?!?!'
3. It is just my natural rhythm. Kids have been in bed for a couple hours...I have had a little down time...and now I am ready to go.
#3 is probably the forerunner...but #2 is a very close...uhh...second. Gonna go ahead and throw #1 out. :)
I have vague memories of doing this in college. My college roommates will probably argue that...pretty sure I was a slob then too...
Regardless...I guess it is a good thing to feel compelled to clean at least once a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry, I just can't see you as a slob.
ReplyDeleteI find that I go on cleaning binges late in the evening because it's the only time it lasts longer than 5 minutes!
I'm with you!!! I do it though because the later it gets, the quieter it gets (no cell phone ringing, etc), and I am a night owl. I am just naturally more productive at night! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but Rusty is finally seeing it is true...from about 10-2 I can get some serious stuff done and have great focus! (though I try not to let myself stay up that late anymore!) Definitely my natural rhythm too!
ReplyDeleteI have the same habit-and in the morning I am tired and cranky from staying up. Peace and joy!
ReplyDelete