Monday, August 29, 2011

On Turning Seven...

Baby Girl,

So...7.
It's a big deal.
Mommy remembers turning 7. I got to have my party in the 'party room' at McDonald's. (McDonald's used to be a 5 star restaurant when I was a kid... with pickles stuck on the eyes of the Ronald McDonald that was painted on the walls and twisty-swivel chairs that were brown and yellow.)
I thought it was the coolest thing a girl could do for her birthday. We even got to tour the kitchen and see where they fried the fries...we walked into the freezer to see where they kept all the food. It. Was. Awesome.

I remember wearing a pink t-shirt with a rainbow bursting out of stars and red silky shorts. Granna and Zeke gave me a real watch for my birthday. (and Mimi got you a real watch this year too without even knowing!! Isn't that cool?) It was such a special day.

And now, here you are...seven...and I think we may have just had the best 7 year old party you could have dreamed of. At least I hope that is how you remember it.



I am not quite sure how it happened, but you have fallen in love with horses. You have been planning the party for months as usual. You really wanted to ride a real horse...which is an easy dream to fulfill for a pretty penny. I researched and researched and called around...finally the Lord lead us to the Rocking T Ranch...


the place where your birthday wish was going to come true.





You were all smiles. all morning.


Daddy says, "delight" is the only word that can be used to describe your demeanor.



Bursting with happy.


You filled me up just watching you.











You were kind and thoughtful. Giving your friends a chance to brush Annie, too...






Everyone could hardly wait for their turn.



This is the face. Eyes all squinty...new front teeth showing...


shoulders hunched up...little squeals.



You could hardly contain your excitement.


E was happy to be a cowboy too.



I hope you remember this day always.



I hope you remember Annie and Zippy.


Baby Jasmine and her mama, Daphne.


I hope you remember chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate icing and sprinkles.


I hope you remember how big you felt on those horses.


And how the wind felt in your hair as you sat on my lap on the hay ride.


I hope you remember your new and lifelong friends all there to celebrate YOU.


'cause you are


WORTH CELEBRATING!



Happy 7th Birthday, Chlo Bug.



You are loved.


Yeee Haaw!

2 comments:

  1. Awww... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE! I can't believe how quickly she has grown... and that she was only 4 years old at our wedding (what?!) She sure is a cute 7 year old though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift you gave your daughter to help her realize a dream. I too always loved horses and reading this brought back many memories of my childhood. What awesome parents you both are Kevin and Sarah! We love you and miss you terribly.

    ReplyDelete