It is safe to say that sight words are among Chloe's least favorite things to practice.
First semester, we were really struggling to make them a nightly routine...hard for both of us.
So, when I came across this on Pinterest, I was excited!
I had the bathroom paper cups on hand and simply wrote her next 50 or so sight words on the bottom of the cups.
She has to read the word and then she can add it to her tower.
The taller or wider the better! She has even made snowflake shapes with her cups.
We have been doing Power Towers for a little over a week, and I am seeing a marked improvement in her sight word success!
YES!!
The Math Power Towers also look like a great idea. We are not struggling as much with those at the moment, but it would be great practice. I think I would write the answer to the math problems on the inside of the cup for self-checking. (not sure if he suggested that on the video...)
This is an easy way to make memory work waaaay more FUN!





No comments:
Post a Comment