Just came across this song and have it on repeat in my stereo...as often as possible.
Desert Song
by Brooke Fraser
(I should be able to put the actual song on here...but that would require me to be tech-ie...and tech-ie I am not. Regardless, the words are ringing in my spirit.)
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame
I will bring praise I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow
We still have no real update on Kevin. He continues to be hopeful that his symptoms are slowly improving. However, every day he still struggles with dizziness, blurred vision and headaches. We had hoped to receive the results to his latest blood tests on Friday, but they had not come in, so we will wait some more. It looks like an MRI may be in his near future. The Dr. is hoping to see if there is anything wrong with his brain. It makes me smile each time I say that...we all know that something has to be "wrong" with his brain to be as happy and eternally optimistic even in the midst of his struggle. We will give God the glory for that. :)
We have been weary this week. God has been faithful to surround us with people who love us and speak His truth to us and pray it over us. We have needed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE this song - I play it over and over and over every single day! Praying for you my faraway friends.
ReplyDeleteCleary