So, I pick Chloe up from school on Monday and first thing she says is,
C: "Mom. We need to make a trap for a...lll...what do you call them???...they have gold..."
Me: "Leprechauns??"
C: "Yeah. Leprechauns. My teacher says we need to make a trap for one and catch it so that we can have their gold!!"
Me: "Wow. I have never made a Leprechaun trap before. Did she tell you how to do it?"
C: "Ummm...no. But maybe we could use a..."
She lost me here in all her creative ideas...I heard, "can...string... lid...she kept talking about it all the way home.
One of the first things I did when we got home was google 'leprechaun trap'...felt a little silly doing that...I mean what if 'Big Brother' thinks I really want to trap leprechauns...
But yadowhachagottado when your adorable 5 year old has her heart set on trappin' herself a leprechaun...
Box. Construction paper. Tape. Glue. Shiny things. (to lure the little fella...might think it's GOLD!) Stickers. Paper cups. Markers. Packing peanuts. (????)
We decorate. We conspire. We set the trap. We wait.
Overnight it seems that we had a 'visitor' the 'swimming pool' has been knocked over. Some of the snacks have been eaten. And the bed and pillow are messed up!!! (they even smell like 'rainbows.')
I CAN. NOT. believe how into this she is!!!
It was the first thing she asked about when she woke up this morning.
She searched and searched the yard.
She sat in the window watching the trap.
She made a trail of coins leading to our back door...leaving the door slightly cracked with more coins coming inside.
She added bait. (animal crackers)
She even set a table for him...leaves for plates and a lovely weed in a vase... SO. CUTE.
She is concerned that she may have to go to school tomorrow empty handed. I have tried to explain that I have never met a single person who has actually caught a leprechaun...they are fast. and sneaky. and really small. so. hard. to. find.
She is determined to be the first.
The plan is for him to leave his hat behind in the morning...hopefully that will suffice...
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tell Chloe that the Leprechaun was at our house and he turned our toilet water green. He's a sneaky little dude, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA!!! I hope you take pictures of this leprechaun trap! I can't wait to hear Chloe tell the story!
ReplyDelete