So, today I stretched my storytelling muscles for the first time in...well...a very long time. My loving hubby 'might have mentioned' to the Children's Pastor at church that I enjoy telling stories...so one phone call later and guess who is on the list once a month for the storytelling portion of Kid's Church.
It was a ton of fun...don't we all need an opportunity to act crazy and make a fool of ourselves?
(The answer is 'yes'.) :)
The story was about Jonah. I wore my gum boots or wellies or rain boots...or just boots...rainjacket...flailed my arms, screamed till my throat hurt and pretended to vomit all in the name of good storytelling. Sweat like I haven't sweat in a long time and had a blast.
It actually felt good.
So, Babe, if you're reading this, thanks. Thank you for gently nudging me to use my gifts...act crazy and well, make a fool of myself. You help me be me. I love you for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment