Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What was that I just said about things getting messier???

So...funny thing...

Yesterday I posted about when things need a deep cleaning, they often get messier first...

Ha.

You should SEE my kitchen!

Mom (a.k.a. the Lady who has been blessing our socks off with all her Granna-ness...keeping our munchkins for days on end so we could 'get away' is just the beginning...) That was a really looooong a.k.a.

Anyway...Mom offered to come up to G'ville to help me purge my kitchen. Tasks of this kind overwhelm my brain and just the simple act of getting started seems impossible...she knows that about me and guess what...she is really good at it...which is maybe why I never became good at it...she always came to my rescue. Thank you, Mom.

(Writing this is bringing back memories of the night before going to college my freshmen year, boxes and over sized t-shirts everywhere...me a puddle of nerves and tears on the floor...Mom sopping up the tears, packing up all the stuff) Another 'gets messier...before it is clean scenario.'

Wow. Back to the original post.

So, we made a lot of progress today. I mean A LOT. We did have to clear the kitchen table to make a working space...several times. The island in the kitchen required multiple clearings just to make room for lunch prep. Large piles of things for a garage sale. Good number of things not worthy of a garage sale...large garbage bags...full. Boxes everywhere.

But we are making progress. I can feel it. We are getting rid of things and it feels good. Confident that this mess will be cleaned up. I will be glad we did it. I am already so grateful to have Mom here to motivate and help.

Now, whether or not the mess will be cleaned up in time for small group at our house tomorrow night at 6 pm...yet to be seen. But I am hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. and if it's not clean by small group...we can help you!!! And, who cares anyway! God is OK with messes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this, YOUR Mom and MY Sister?? Yes...She is! God gives unique gifts to all of us....Purging "Stuff" is not my gift either. It's always better with ...Mom and you have a great one! :)Maybe she'll come to my house next? :)

    ReplyDelete