A great invention, the TV remote. It makes the lazy life oh so much easier...
I remember my family's first remote to our wood console television that was the new rage...that remote was 2 inches thick and had like 6 buttons if my memory serves me correctly. We were soooo ahead of the game...at my grandparent's house we had to actually GET UP and change the channel.
Well...the Williams family is revisiting the GET UP technique...
Our TV remote is M.I.A. and has been ever since Mom and I did a major pack up over a week ago. I fear some little hands may have been 'helpful' and added it to one of the boxes that have been moved to storage. ARGH.
It's not that we watch a ton of television...it's just that commercials annoy me...they are LONG and LOUD. I always mute them. AND...the two channels the kids watch are 8 and 63...those two channels are a significant number of clicks away from each other when you have to go channel by channel. (55 to be precise.)
But we have turned the couches inside out (figuratively almost literally), looked in cupboards and bins...nada.
So, I think this will continue to be the way we roll (or click) for a good long time.
(Good motivation to watch less television, right?) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We have lost ours from time to time. I believe you can buy remotes that adapt to your tv...like a universal one and then you can program it to work with your tv. 55 clicks is going to get old real fast...radio shack is calling your name.
ReplyDeleteHA! Good thinking, Janelle! I had no idea that was possible!! WOOHOO!
ReplyDelete